Cassell's Latin Dictionary - by D P Simpson (Hardcover)
About this item
About the Book"Fifth ed. published in 1968 under title: Cassell's new Latin dictionary"--T.p. verso.
Since its first appearance in 1854, this dictionary has remained constant in its appeal to scholars through its many revisions. This Latin dictionary is among the best of its kind, reliable, compact and adequate for the needs of all save the specialist. Simpson has produced a book typographically easy to consult, combining elegance with utility. This edition incorporates English idioms and Latin spelling, includes general classical information where appropriate, shows long and short vowels where not immediately apparent, indicates irregular plural forms, cites and quotes ancient classical authors, and suggests paraphrases to express modern English in classical Latin form.
From the Back CoverCassell's Bilingual Dictionaries
Acclaimed Worldwide Since 1854
- Incorporates modern English idiom and current Latin spelling.
- Includes general classical information where appropriate.
- Shows long and short vowels where not immediately apparent.
- Indicates irregular plural forms.
- Cites and quotes ancient classical authors.
- Suggests paraphrases to express modern English in classical Latin form.
About the AuthorD. P. Simpson is Head of the Classical Department at Eton College.