About this item
At a glance
- CeraVe Acne Control Face Cleanser clears acne and reduces blackheads, and improves the look of pores
- Acne Treatment Face Wash has a refreshing gel to foam formula that works to gently remove dirt, excess oil, and makeup without leaving skin feeling stripped of moisture
- Oil-absorbing purifying clay of CeraVe facial wash removes excess oil and minimizes visible shine
- Face wash for acne prone skin is formulated with salicylic acid (SA) that is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps remove dead skin cells and sebum, reduces blackheads and the appearance of pores, and treats and prevents new acne breakouts
- Acne Cleanser is formulated with hyaluronic acid helps to retain skin's natural moisture while niacinamide helps to calm skin
- 3 essential ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Developed with dermatologists
- CeraVe is the No. 1 dermatologist-recommended moisturizer brand for acne* *No. 1 recommended non-OTC moisturizer brand for acne-prone skin. Source: IQVIA, ProSource Survey, 12/1/20-11/30/21
•2% salicylic acid (SA) is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), an effective exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells and sebum, reduce blackheads and the appearance of pores, and treats and prevents new acne breakouts. This chemical exfoliant feels less harsh than physical ones like face scrubs.
•Hectorite clay helps absorb oil, and helps skin look less shiny
•Three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6 II) help restore the skin’s natural barrier
•Niacinamide helps calm skin
How to Use:
•Cleanse skin morning and night
•After cleansing apply CeraVe Acne Control Gel all over the face for targeted acne treatment
•Finish with your favorite CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion.
As this product can increase skin’s sun sensitivity, also use CeraVe Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30.
Whether you need products for your sensitive, oily, acne-prone, combination or normal skin, need a soothing moisturizer for your baby, have specific skin concerns, like eczema or psoriasis, or just want a hydrating serum or anti-aging cream, CeraVe can help. The CeraVe story began in 2005 after experts noticed that many skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis and dry skin all had one thing in common: a compromised skin barrier. Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe offers a complete line of skincare products that contain three essential ceramides enhanced with a revolutionary delivery system to help restore the skin’s natural protective barrier.
Uses• clears acne blemishes and allows skin to heal • helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming
DirectionsDirections • use twice daily • wet face, then work product into a lather • massage onto face avoiding the eyes • rinse well
Q: what is the difference between this product and the Renewing SA cleanser? and which would be better for dry, dehydrated skin?
A: Hi there! We appreciate your interest in our CeraVe cleansers! Our Acne Control Cleanser with 2% salicylic acid is formulated to clear acne, reduce blackheads and improve the appearance of pores, while purifying clay helps absorb excess oil. Our Renewing SA Cleanser will help exfoliate and smooth your skin while also effectively removing oil and dirt, sweeping away dead cells, and softening rough skin—without leaving skin feeling dry. Cleansing with our Renewing SA Cleanser, a salicylic acid cleanser enhanced with barrier-restoring ingredients like ceramides, can help keep moisture in while keeping irritants out. We hope this was helpful!submitted byCerave Product Expert - 1 year agoBrand expert