Contains: Soy, Milk, Wheat
State of Readiness: Ingredient
Herb or spice type 1: Garlic
Package type: Individual Item Multi-Serving
Item Number (DPCI): 212-14-0276
Origin: Made in the USA or Imported
Content on this site is for reference purposes only. Target does not represent or warrant that the nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other product information on our Web or Mobile sites are accurate or complete, since this information comes from the product manufacturers. On occasion, manufacturers may improve or change their product formulas and update their labels. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our Web or Mobile sites and that you review the product's label or contact the manufacturer directly if you have specific product concerns or questions. If you have specific healthcare concerns or questions about the products displayed, please contact your licensed healthcare professional for advice or answers. Any additional pictures are suggested servings only.
A favorite with fishermen, hunters and outdoors enthusiasts, our Original Recipe breading quickly became a household favorite as well.
What You Need: 1 pound thawed fish fillets. 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup of milk (optional). Cooking Oil. About 1/2 cup Shore Lunch Original Recipe Fish Breading/Batter. 1 Box of Shore Lunch Original Recipe Breading/Batter coats about 5 pounds of fish. Use 4 eggs, beaten or 1 cup of milk when using the entire box. For Pan Frying:
1. Cut fillets into 4-inch pieces and pat dry.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet and preheat oil to 350 degrees F. Use a thermometer to ensure that the oil reaches 350 degrees F.
3. Place dry batter mix and egg or milk into separate shallow bowls.
4. For best results, moisten fish pieces in egg or milk and immediately dredge in dry batter mix, pressing to coat all sides thoroughly.
5. Carefully place fish pieces in preheated oil. Oil should cover fish pieces about halfway. Avoid overcrowding.
6. Fry each side until done, about 2-3 minutes, turning once. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
7. Remove cooked fish pieces from oil and drain on paper towels. For the crispiest texture, let fish stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Enjoy! For Deep Frying: To deep fry fish, pour oil into a large Dutch oven or deep fryer to a depth that allows fish pieces to float while cooking. Dutch oven or deep fryer should be no more than 1/3 full of oil. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Prepare fish as directed above and fry until done, about 3-5 minutes. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels and let stand as above. Enjoy!