Don't Panic - 3rd Edition by Reid Wilson (Paperback)
About this item
A leading international expert in panic and anxiety disorders, psychologist R. Reid Wilson, Ph.D., offers a straightforward, and remarkably effective self-help program for overcoming panic and coping with anxious fears.
Don't Panic has established itself as the definitive book on learning how to overcome panic and anxiety. This revised and expanded third edition offers readers 50 pages of new material supported by the latest research in anxiety treatment. Updated topics include the use of medication, physical causes of panic-like symptoms, and panic associated with major health problems such as heart and lung disorders, as well as depression.
With insight and compassion, Dr. Wilson shows you:
- how a panic attack happensa detailed five-step strategy for controlling the moment of panichow to master specific problem solving skills, breathing exercises, and focused thinking during anxiety provoking timeseleven ways to control the chronic muscle tensions that increase anxietytechniques to master the two most common distresses: fear of flying and social anxietythe most comprehensive evaluation of all medications currently recommended for anxiety disordersthe eight attitudes that promote recovery from anxiety disordershow to establish reachable goals and gradually increase your involvement and enjoyment in life
More than 19 million Americans suffer from anxiety. It is one of the most treatable disorders, but only about one-third of sufferers ever receive treatment. Don't Panic offers helpful information and strategies for those struggling to cope.
From the Back Cover
The authority on panic and anxiety--newly revised and expanded.
Are you one of the more than nineteen million Americans who suffer from anxiety? Don't panic. Newly revised and expanded, this edition offers a straightforward and remarkably effective self-help program for overcoming panic and coping with anxious fears. With insight and compassion, Reid Wilson, Ph.D., demystifies anxiety attacks and provides indispensable advice, including:
- how a panic attack happens, what causes it, and how it can affect your life
- how to recognize, manage, and control the moment of panic
- how to control the chronic muscle tensions that increase anxiety
- how to conquer fear and face problems with confidence
- how to decide which medication is right for you
- how to establish reachable goals and rediscover the joy of living