Air purifiers improve indoor air quality by getting rid of harmful particles such as dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, and other allergens from the air. At Target, find a large collection of air purifiers to choose from.
Benefits of using air purifiers
Air purifiers can help to remove harmful pollutants and allergens from the air, leading to improved indoor air quality and a healthier living environment. They can help reduce respiratory problems such as allergies, asthma and other respiratory diseases by removing airborne particles that can trigger symptoms. Air purifiers with activated carbon filters can help to reduce unpleasant odors such as cigarette smoke, cooking smells, and pet odors. Improved air quality can lead to improved cognitive function, including better concentration and focus.
Installing a home air purifier won’t fully relieve your allergies, but the kind of filter installed affects its ability to lower irritants in the air. The most advanced particulate air purifier, or HEPA air purifier, is remarkably reliable in decreasing the tiniest airborne contaminants while charcoal air purifiers make use of activated charcoal to take in gas and other chemical substances.
Choosing the best air purifier for your space
When choosing the best air purifier for your space, there are several factors to consider:
- The size of the room you want to purify will determine the size and capacity of the air purifier you need. A smaller air purifier may be sufficient for a small bedroom or office, while a larger unit may be needed for a larger living room or open space
- Different air purifiers use different types of filters, such as HEPA, activated carbon, or UV-C light. Consider which types of pollutants you want to remove and choose an air purifier with the appropriate filtration technology
- Air purifiers can produce varying levels of noise. Consider where the unit will be placed and choose an air purifier that is quiet enough for the intended use
- Air purifiers can range in price, so consider your budget and choose an air purifier that offers the features and capabilities that are most important to you
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What do air purifiers do?
Air purifiers clean indoor air by using the combination of a built-in filter and fan to eject dirty particles, such as dust and other pollutants. Air purifiers can also be handy tools for getting rid of common allergens, such as pollen, during the spring and autumn months when seasonal allergies tend to run wild.
2) Do air purifiers work in big rooms?
Yes, air purifiers work in big rooms, though you want to make sure you buy an air purifier that a manufacturer designed specifically for large rooms. Not all home air purifiers are the same, so it is important to read specific product descriptions carefully when making your purchase.
3) Where should I put an air purifier in my room?
To ensure maximum benefits from your home air purifier, give it the space it needs to do its job. Good airflow is key for this device, so the ideal place is in an open space. It is best to Avoid walls. If you back an air purifier against a wall or into a corner, it won’t have enough space to absorb air and push it out.