Set the celebration
For hosts of the holiday, decorated eggs can double as name place cards & basket fillers.
Photo booth props and Instax film create holiday fun for family & friends.
Fill eggshells with confetti & seal with tissue paper for a smashing good time!
Ham, or hamburgers?
Use cake-tiers as serving trays, & wreaths as decor. There’s no wrong way to Easter.
Details that delight
Get creative & rethink your Easter eats! Empanadas, for everybunny.
A simple centerpiece that cues the season, & tastes delicious.
Garnish drinks with playful fruit kabobs topped with Peeps. Cheers!
Shaken-up, speckled eggs
Fill a bag with 1 cup of rice & 7-8 drops of food coloring. Add a hard-boiled egg & shake!
Unexpected egg decorations
Create something unique with craft supplies like washi tape, googly eyes, ribbon & felt.
Avant-garde & artsy eggs
Take a twist on traditional! Paint an ombre, get graphic with Sharpie, or add glitter & letter stickers.
Make some center-Peeps
Peep topiary centerpiece
Peeps are a lightweight, inexpensive Easter classic. Sugar lasts from year to year, so you can use them more than once.
• Bunny Peeps in assorted colors • Poster board in assorted neon colors • Scissors • Glue gun • Double-sided tape
Roll tagboard into cones of various sizes & secure with tape. Level the base with your scissors.
Glue your Peeps on to the cones! Hot glue works best. It takes about 130 Peeps to cover a large topiary. Want to make an edible version? Encrust a cake! Pro tip: Peeps come in rows of 4, so there’s no need to glue them one by one.
Ooo-la-la eye candy
Customize your own candy necklaces with Easter treats. They’ll look too good to eat.
• Assorted jelly beans • Scissors • Needles • Thread • Ribbon
Sort your jellybeans into fun color & pattern combos. String them with a regular sewing needle & thread, positioning them horizontally and vertically to create different looks. Pro tip: Parents, do this step for your little kids.
Tie the ends with ribbon for a finished look. You can even package these up in a special box to give as a handmade gift.
Giant surprise egg
They’ve never seen a surprise ball like this before.
• Giant plastic eggs • Crepe paper streamers • Tape • Plush toy for inside the egg • Small prizes, gifts & treats
Fill your giant golden egg with something special and start wrapping. Stretch the crepe paper streamers as you wrap to keep everything smooth. Add little prizes & treats—stickers, rings, candy, etc.—as you go. Pro Tip: Use a few pieces of tape as you wrap your base layer to keep the streamers in place.
Switch colors as you build layers. Tape off & add a contrasting stripe of color.
Soft & swirly
Shaving cream egg dye
Fun for kids & grownups! Just be sure to wear gloves.
• Eggs • Shaving cream • Food coloring/egg dye • Baking dish • Latex gloves • Paper towels • Skewers
1. Hard boil your eggs & rinse them in vinegar to make sure the color sticks. 2. Fill a large dish with shaving cream. 3. Add drops of food coloring & swirl with skewer. Pro Tip: Don’t use all the colors at once, or it’ll just turn brown.
Color & Finish
1. Roll an egg through the shaving cream. 2. Remove the egg and let it dry for 20 minutes. 3. Wipe off shaving cream. 4. Be proud of your creation! Pro Tip: Depending on the size of your dish, you can roll lots of eggs in one batch.