About this item
- INTERCHANGEABLE LENS TECHNOLOGY – Customize camera performance and viewing. Switch between zoom, normal, and wide-angle lenses. Please note, the wide-angle lens is not included and is sold separately.
- COMPACT SIZE – The DXR-8’s lightweight and compact size strikes a perfect balance between performance and versatility, designed for true mobility around the house.
- FULL VIEWING CONTROL – Use our pan/tilt/zoom camera controls and interchangeable lenses for complete control over your viewing angle.
- PRIVACY GUARANTEED – Video and audio is transmitted over a secure non-Wi-Fi closed loop system. No data is shared over the internet, ensuring your privacy is secure and protected.
- AWARD WINNING MONITOR – Trusted by over a million parents, our award-winning monitor is backed by vigorous testing and quality control.
- OTHER FEATURES – Two-way-talk, night vision, sound activated LED bar, camera scan mode, connect up to 4 cameras, and remote temperature.
- Note: NOT compatible with the DXR-8 PRO mode.
Q: How is the night vision?
A: Night vision feature is really good. Our baby is four months and we’ve had zero issues with it.submitted byOsu123 - 5 years ago
A: It’s great we tried other monitors but this one works the best. Would recommend.submitted byOsu123 - 5 years ago
A: Good until it quits working after 6 months.submitted byBlaze - 4 years ago
Q: Can you link the video feed from this camera to an app on your phone?
A: I have this product and I’m not aware of an app for the baby monitor.submitted byOsu123 - 5 years ago
A: no you cannot. it is a wifi free unit and only reports to the receiversubmitted bymsaunders - 2 years ago
A: Not that I know of. You should contact company to seesubmitted byMrs - 6 years ago
Q: Is it true that when u register it you get a free extra camera??
A: This should be a tell-tale sign that they are boosting reviews immediately after purchase because if you've owned it for longer than 6 months, its garbage.submitted byBlaze - 4 years ago
A: I received one if I completed a review. It is super great having 2 once the baby started moving around in the cribsubmitted byEricka Z - 4 years ago
A: I received this from my registry, and I only got the one.submitted byHoosierMama - 6 years ago
Q: Is this camera wireless?
A: No, the camera is not wireless, the monitor can besubmitted byMorgan - 2 years ago
A: Yes, it's wireless and the transmission range is up to 700 feet (line of sight, no obstruction).submitted byInfant Optics - 3 years agoBrand expert
Q: Does the monitor have the capability to support 2 cameras?
A: Yes, the monitor can be paired with up to 4 camera units. See section 3.5 of the manual for detailed pairing instructions.submitted byInfant Optics - 4 years agoBrand expert
A: Can I use it on the go for the car?submitted byClaire - 3 years ago
Q: Does this monitor have sound? First-time, soon-to-be mommy here and worried that we won't be able to hear baby with this monitor. Thanks in advance for your help!
A: You can hear well. However, the microphone has a constant white noise sound you hear from the monitor side. It is way louder than your children and drowns them out. It's awful. I wish they would get a better speaker that only pics up your children! Huge flawsubmitted byMjheat - 3 years ago
A: Yes it has sound. You can hear everything with this monitor. It has several volume settings, but we just keep it on the highest setting. I can hear perfectly when our baby moves, etc. Its a good camera.submitted byOsu123 - 5 years ago
Q: Does this have a function where you can turn screen off and use it as an audio monitor?
A: Yes, there’s a button on top of the baby monitor to turn the screen off but keep the audio on. It saves about 50% of the battery.submitted byOsu123 - 5 years ago
A: They do have a sleep mode, you can short press the power on/off/sleep button to turn the LCD screen off while keeping the audio on.submitted byPnymom - 6 years ago
Q: I am not sure what type of battery this includes, bought as a gift and want to take it on an airplane. Will I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS HAVING THIS IN MY BAG?
A: It's a rechargeable lithium ion battery. It's allowed to be carried with the passenger in carry-on baggage.submitted byInfant Optics - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: Does the camera need to be plugged in? or is it battery powered/ rechargeable?
A: The camera unit requires plugged in to operate.submitted byInfant Optics - 1 year agoBrand expert
Q: Does this monitor have the ability to be portable? I can’t get it to turn on without being plugged in. Thank you!
A: A full charge can provide up to 6 hours screen on, or 10 hours standby. For tech support, please call the number on the back of your monitor unit.submitted byInfant Optics - 2 years agoBrand expert