Best derm products for every skin concern
Skin Care Glossary
Decode the key ingredients in derm skin care products.
- Hyaluronic Acid A sugar molecule found naturally in the skin, it increases skin’s moisture content & prevents water loss.
- Vitamin C An antioxidant that boosts collagen production & inhibits pigment formation.
- Glycolic Acid An alpha hydroxy acid derived from sugarcane, it aids in exfoliation & improving skin texture.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids Often found in fine line-fighting products, these chemicals stimulate the turnover of skin cells.
- Retinol A derivative of vitamin A used to stimulate the turnover of skin cells & increase collagen production.
- Salicylic Acid A beta hydroxy acid often used in acne treatments that removes excess oil & dead skin cells.
- Benzoyl Peroxide An acne medicine that kills pimple-causing bacteria & exfoliates pores.
- Ceramides Naturally occurring in skin’s oil, these fats help reinforce the skin’s protective barrier.
- Micellar Water A mix of purified water, hydrators & mild surfactants, these liquid cleansers remove makeup, oil & dirt.
- Unscented Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Gel Face Moisturizer to hydrate and smooth extra-dry skin - 1.7oz4.6 out of 5 stars with 1810 ratingsSee low price in cartSave 25% in cart on beauty & personal care products